|Total hours: Theory: Practical:||90|
|Total Hours/ Week: Lecture: Practical: Seminars/ Tutorials:||2-3|
|Method of Assessment:||Written, Oral, Practical|
SECTION – I COMMUNITY PHYSIOTHERAPY REHABILITATION
- Concepts of community health:Preventive, promotive, restorative and rehabilitative,WHO definition of health and disease.Health delivery system – 3 tier
- Disability types:Physical &Psychological Evaluation, prevention & Legislation related to Persons with Disability (PWD).
- CBR:Definition, principles, types (institutional, reach out and community),concepts,WHO policies Principles of Team work of medical practitioner, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech & Audiology Therapist, Prosthetist & Orthotist, Clinical psychologist, vocational counselor and social worker. Role of Physiotherapy in team, concept of multipurpose health worker, role of Physiotherapy and strategies in 3 tier Health delivery system, communication strategies.
- Health Care:a. Prevention, Promotion & Restorationb. In peri-pubertal age groupc. In women-pregnancy and menopaused. In Geriatrics- neuromusculoskeletal, cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic and degenerative conditionse. In Obese / over weightf. In Cardiovascular and Pulmonary conditionsg. In Diabetesh. Health promotion for all.
- Women and child care:a. Antenatal exercises, Specific Breathing exercises, Relaxation, Postural training, Pelvic floor strengthening exercises with clinical reasoningb. Physiotherapy during labor c. Postnatal exercises program after normal labor / labor with invasive procedures with clinical reasoningd. Menopause – Osteoporosis, Mental health, Physiotherapy managemente. Preterm babiesf. Adolescent age group g. Nutritional disorders in women and childre.
- Geriatrics:Physiology of aging, environmental changes and adaptations, balance and falls .Role of Physiotherapy in geriatric population.
- Physical fitness:Energy system, Endurance, Aerobic Exercise, pacing of activity.Ergonomics IQ Testing. <
- 1. Introduction and terminology: prosthesis and orthosis 2. Classification of orthosis and prostheses 3. Bio-mechanical principles of orthotic application 4. Bio-mechanical principles of prosthetic application 5. Orthotic appliances for Hip, Knee, Ankle& foot – Prescription and design &modification 6. Spinal conditions inclusive of fractures, spondylolisthesis, kyphosis, scoliosis etc.7. Upper limb conditions – splinting prescriptions with principles 8. Prosthesis –Upper & lower limb; endo skeletal & exo skeletal,Hip, knee & foot prosthetic components with k-levels,Upper limbs: cosmetic restoration, terminal devices (body powered), self-help devices (ADL equipments), myoelectric, microprocessor / sensor ,controlled (externally powered),Adaptive devices.
- Psychological & Physiological aspects of orthotic and prosthetic application.Material used in fabrication of Prosthetiscs & Orthotics briefly.
- Mobility aids:Canes, crutches, walking frames, walkers, wheel chairs manual/ electrically powered.