|Total Hours/ Week:||4-5|
|Lecture:||3 hours /week|
|Practicals:||2 hours/ week|
|Seminars/ Tutorials:||1 Hour/ week|
|Method of Assessment:||Written, Oral, Practical|
- 1.Review of basic neuro anatomy and physiology 2. Physiotherapy techniques to improve tone, voluntary control, co-ordination.3. Neuro physiotherapeutic Techniques: Concepts, principles, techniques and effects of:NDT, PNF, Brunnstrom movement therapy, Vojta therapy, Rood’s sensory motor approach, Contemporary task-oriented approach.4. Application of skills as PNF, co-ordination, functional re- education, balancing exercise by using techniques based on neuro physiological principles.5. Tools used for neuro rehabilitation like vestibular balls, tilt board etc.6. Application of transfer, functional re-education exercises & gait training.7. Bladder training.8. Developing a philosophy for caring.9. Prescription of appropriate orthotic devices & fabrication of temporary splints.10. Lifting techniques, wheel chair modifications, adaptive devices.11. Ergonomic advice for prevention/rehabilitation to the patients / parents /caregivers.12. Education about handling of a patient.
- Pediatric Neuro-physiotherapy:Use of various Neurophysiological approaches & modalities in high risk babies,minimum brain damage, developmental disorders, Cerebral palsy, Down’s syndrome, Hydrocephalus,Spina bifida.
- Assessment & management of brain Disorders:Stroke, Meningitis, Encephalitis, Head Injury, Parkinson’s disease, parkinsonism,syndromes, Multiple sclerosis, Brain tumors
- Assessment & management of spinal cord lesions and bladder dysfunction:Multiple sclerosis, transverse myelitis, Poliomyelitis/PPRP, syringomyelia, spinalcord ,injury and sub-acute combined degeneration of spinal cord, Motor neuron disease (ALS, SMA and other types), spinal tumors
- Assessment & Management of Co-ordination Disorders:Ataxia, Friedriech’s ataxia, Cerebellar ataxia, Sensory ataxia.Assessment & Management of Muscle Disorders:Muscular dystrophy (DMD) & other myopathies.Assessment & Management of disorders of neuromuscular junction:Myasthenia Gravis
- Assessment & management of neuropathies and nerve injuries:Emphasis on 5th, 7th and 8th cranial nerves, Peripheral nerves, Polyneuropathy –Classification of Polyneuropathies.Pre- and post-surgical assessment & management in neuro surgery,Hydrocephalus and myelomeningocele, C.V. junction anomalies, syringomyelia.Electro diagnostic procedures and prognosis in neurological disorders SD curves, EMG & NCS.