|Subject Title:||First Aid & CPR|
|Lecture:||1 hour/ week|
At the completion of this course the student of First Aid and CPR must be able to identify and manage situation of common emergencies.
- Importance of First Aid in Physiotherapy. [1 Hour]
- Instrumentation used in First Aid (First Aid kit). [1 Hour]
- Examination of Vital Signs [1Hour]
- First Aid in cardiac arrest. [2 Hours]
- First Aid in Respiratory failure. [2 Hours]
- First Aid in Burns. [1 Hour]
- First Aid in Electric shock. [1 Hour]
- First Aid in Drowning. [1 Hours]
- First Aid in Spinal cord injuries and fractures. [2Hours]
- First Aid in Hypovolemic Shock. [1Hour]
- First Aid in Poisoning [1 Hour]
- First Aid in RTA. [2 Hours]
- Indication of CPR. [1 Hour]
- Assessment and technique of CPR. [1 Hour]
- Artificial ventilation. [1 Hour]
- Basic life support & ACLS in brief [1 Hour]
- First aid in emergency – St. John. Ambulance Association.
- Physiotherapy for burns & Reconstruction – Glassey.
- Surgical & Medical Procedures for Nurses & Paramedical staff – Nathan.
- First aid & management of general injuries & common ailments-Gupta & Gupta.
Total Hours: 105
Students will be posted in rotation in the following areas/wards. The students will be observing and assisting physiotherapists to provide physiotherapy care for the patients.
- General Physiotherapy OPD
- Orthopedic Physiotherapy OPD
- Neuro Physiotherapy OPD